Sunday, October 19, 2008

My new computer

Figured this would be a good place for me to talk about my new computer. For those that know me, know that I always like buying parts and building a computer from that. It's much cheaper and you only get the things that you want. Well I decided that this time I was going to spoil myself and purchase a Dell XPS, and just have someone else put it together for me. So here are just a few of the specs that I had put into the computer.

3GB of RAM
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
Vista
24" HD Widescreen LCD (monitor 1)
20" LCD (monitor 2)

just a quick run down



Plans as of right now is ordering the Adobe Design Suite CS3, and adding more HDD that I have laying around. Should ring in a little over 1TB when finished :)

1 comment:

Sparky said...

Sounds like a nice system, The last few I built one with a Pentium 3ghz dual core for me, and my wife has an athlon X2 64 6000 http://mylinuxtoday.blogspot.com/2009/03/wife-gets-new-computer.html I have become very used to that extra punch you seem to get with the dual core CPU's.

Now that I am used to the dual core technology I fear my old laptop just doesn't cut it anymore.